Welcome! Thank you for visiting our website.
¡Bienvenido! Gracias por visitar nuestra página web.
Fr. Sandy McDonald, Pastor
Click image for G.I.F.T. What Is It?
Advent Christmas Playlist
Adult Faith Formation Playlists
Gospel of Matthew
All Saints and All Souls Playlist
Celebration of Mass in the Church
Celebration of Mass in the Church
- Mass in English 5:15 p.m. [Sacrament of Penance from 4-5 .m.]
- Mass in English at 10:00 a.m.; Spanish at 2:00 p.m.
- Monday: 12:00 p.m. in Church
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. in Church
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. only, in the School Gym
- Thursday: 12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Spanish) in Church [Sacrament of Penance from 6-6:45 p.m.]
- Friday: No Mass
Church open before Mass:
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – 30 minutes before Mass
- Saturday 4:00 p.m. before the 5:15 p.m. Mass
Reservations For Saturday and Sunday Masses only
- Call the parish office (788-0811) and speak with the parish staff
- Reserve the number of seats needed for your family, making us aware of any mobility issues
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- If you reserve by phone, you must receive a confirmation from a staff member
- We can accommodate up to 140 people per Mass
- Only through front doors of upper parking lot
- Face covering is mandatory
- You will be led to your seat(s) by a staff member; follow 6 ft. markings
- Please remain in your assigned seat until the end of Mass
- Walk-ins may be accommodated, space permitting
- Keeping your mask on, receive Communion in the hand (only)
- Lower your mask and reverently consume the Body of Christ
- Requests for special hosts (low gluten, dissolvable, homebound): call parish office
- Sunday 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Masses and Wednesday, 10 a.m. will be livestreamed for those who must remain home
- Come to receive Communion in the lower parking lot of the church for Drive-through distribution, from the end of Mass until 11 a.m. (English), and 3 p.m. (Spanish)
- A circular line of cars will move around the parking lot, and Communion will be offered to those in cars, at the end of the sidewalk, weather permitting
Watch livestream or recorded Mass at https://www.facebook.com/stjneumann/
Daily Mass readings and prayers at https://wau.org/meditations/ . The readings are also on our Parish App.
Thank you for your Patience & Understanding
If you have questions about COVID-19, you can call SCDHEC at 803-855-472-3432 between 8 am and 6 pm.
You can also schedule a telehealth visit at prismahealth.org for COVID-19 help.
Religious Education Homework
Online Parish Newsletter Sign-up
Would you like to receive a copy of our new online monthly newsletter? If so, send your email address to [email protected]
Prayer and Liturgical Resources
Parish Office Hours
Monday - Friday.
Growing Together in Faith
Please join us for the Daily Readings on Mondays, at 10:30 am. Please call 718-819-1710, pin 041-8936 to join in. Daily Mass readings and prayers for each day are at https://wau.org/meditations/ . The readings are also on our Parish App.
New Mass Schedule
New Mass Schedule
Sun. Mass at 10 a.m. in the Church (ivestreamed)
Mass in Spanish 2 p.m. in the Church (livestreamed)
Mon. Mass at Noon in the Church
Tues. Mass at 9 a.m. in the Church
Wed. Mass at 10 a.m. in the School Gym (livestreamed)
Thurs. Mass at Noon in the Church
Mass in Spanish 7 p.m. in the Church
Sat. Mass at 5:15 p.m. in the Church
Our YouTube Channel
Religious Education Registration
If you are joining St. John Neumann, or thinking about joining, consider investing some of your time in one or more of the ministries we offer. Volunteering is a great way to meet other parishioners, to learn more about our community, and to enjoy the rewards gained from sharing your gifts and talents. We are looking forward to seeing you at Mass and getting to know you better.
Office/Mailing: 721 Polo Rd.
Church: 100 Polo Rd.
Columbia, SC 29223
Phone: (803) 788-0811
Fax: (803) 788-1501
Hispanic Community Needs
The Hispanic Community is in need of:
two washing machines, a refrigerator, a dryer, two stoves, bed linens for a queen, full and two single beds, pillows, and men’s shoes (sizes 7, 7 1/2 and 8 1/2), living room furniture, microwave, clothing and pajamas for school age children, children’s shoes (ages 1-12), diapers (size 1-5) and blankets.
The Hispanic Community has immediate need for room sized rugs or carpet in good condition that has been removed from homes when replacing flooring . This need is for a trailer that has plywood floors. These rugs/carpets would help keep the cold out.
If you have a donation, please call Hector Morales at (803) 787-3010 and leave your number.
- Father Sandy McDonald, Pastor
- Gerard (Stick) Thibodeaux, Deacon
- Ron Anderson, Deacon
- Genie O'Shesky, Business Administrator
- Wendy Bobadilla, Parish Nurse
- Verónica Carneiro, Coordinator of Christian Formation
- Catherine Combier-Donovan, Pastoral Associate for Liturgy & Adult Formation
- Maria Correa, Assistant to Business Administrator
- Silvia Goodman, Administrative Assistant
- Tammy Melson, Director of Communications
- Paula Mowbray, Director of Music
- Michael Wells, Sexton
Welcome Returning Catholics
First, we welcome you. We recognize you are considering a significant step on your spiritual journey. Some see this as a journey back to their spiritual home; others are looking for reconciliation with God and the Church. Whatever your reason for being away, we have missed you and celebrate your desire to take another look. See more information for returning Catholics.