Celebration of Mass in the Church
Celebration of Mass in the Church During Pandemic
- Saturday: Mass in English 5:15 p.m. [Sacrament of Penance from 4-5 p.m.]
- Sunday: Mass in English at 8:00 a.m., and 11:00 a.m.; Spanish at 2:00 p.m.
- Monday: 12:00 p.m. in Church
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. in Church
- Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. only, in the School Gym
- Thursday: 12:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Spanish) in Church [Sacrament of Penance from 6-6:45 p.m.]
- Friday: No Mass
Church open before Mass:
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – 30 minutes before Mass
- Saturday 4:00 p.m. before the 5:15 p.m. Mass
Reservations are no longer required
- We can accommodate up to 140 people per Mass, plus 25 in Gillin Hall
- Only through front doors of upper parking lot
- Face covering is mandatory
- You will be led to your seat(s) by a staff member; follow 6 ft. markings
- Please remain in your assigned seat until the end of Mass
- Unfortunately, walk-ins can only be accommodated if there are seats available after all reservations are seated
- Communion is distributed during Mass
- Please remain standing to receive, if you can, as Communion ministers go down each row. Remain seated if you cannot
- Please keep your mask on and extend your hands flat ,without moving, so that the host may be placed in your hands without touching them
- After the minister has moved on, reverently consume the host and be seated, as this allows us to see who has not yet received
- Requests for special hosts (low gluten, dissolvable, homebound): call parish office
- Sunday 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Masses and Wednesday, 10 a.m. will be livestreamed for those who must remain home
- Come to receive Communion in the lower parking lot of the church for Drive-through distribution, from the end of Mass until 12 p.m. (English), and 3 p.m. (Spanish)
- A circular line of cars will move around the parking lot, and Communion will be offered to those in cars, at the end of the sidewalk, weather permitting
Watch livestream or recorded Mass at https://www.facebook.com/stjneumann/
Daily Mass readings and prayers at https://wau.org/meditations/ . The readings are also on our Parish App.
Thank you for your Patience & Understanding
Religious Education Homework
Online Parish Newsletter Sign-up
Would you like to receive a copy of our new online monthly newsletter? If so, send your email address to [email protected]
Prayer and Liturgical Resources
Parish Office Hours
Monday - Friday.
Growing Together in Faith
Walk to Jerusalelm
Please join us for the Daily Readings on Mondays, at 10:30 am. Please call 718-819-1710, pin 041-8936 to join in. Daily Mass readings and prayers for each day are at https://wau.org/meditations/ . The readings are also on our Parish App.
Our YouTube Channel
Religious Education Registration
If you are joining St. John Neumann, or thinking about joining, consider investing some of your time in one or more of the ministries we offer. Volunteering is a great way to meet other parishioners, to learn more about our community, and to enjoy the rewards gained from sharing your gifts and talents. We are looking forward to seeing you at Mass and getting to know you better.
Office/Mailing: 721 Polo Rd.
Church: 100 Polo Rd.
Columbia, SC 29223
Phone: (803) 788-0811
Fax: (803) 788-1501
Hispanic Community Needs
The Hispanic Community is in need of: a washing machines *, a refrigerator, a dryer, two stoves, bed linens for a queen, full and two single beds, pillows, and men’s, women's and children's shoes *, living room furniture, microwave, clothing and pajamas for school age children, diapers (size 1-5), blankets, women’s jackets, pants , socks and knit hats for women and men.
If you have a donation, please call Hector Morales at (803) 787-3010 and leave your number.
* Needed immediately
- Abi Purvis, Youth Minister
- Father Sandy McDonald, Pastor
- Gerard (Stick) Thibodeaux, Deacon
- Ron Anderson, Deacon
- Genie O'Shesky, Business Administrator
- Wendy Bobadilla, Parish Nurse
- Verónica Carneiro, Coordinator of Christian Formation
- Catherine Combier-Donovan, Pastoral Associate for Liturgy & Adult Formation
- Maria Correa, Assistant to Business Administrator
- Silvia Goodman, Administrative Assistant
- Paula Mowbray, Director of Music
- Michael Wells, Sexton
Welcome Returning Catholics
First, we welcome you. We recognize you are considering a significant step on your spiritual journey. Some see this as a journey back to their spiritual home; others are looking for reconciliation with God and the Church. Whatever your reason for being away, we have missed you and celebrate your desire to take another look. See more information for returning Catholics.