Liturgical Minister Schedules
GENERAL INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Are you interested in participating in a ministry at Mass?
If you are a registered parishioner interested in serving as a Lector, Eucharistic Minister at Mass, Eucharistic Minister to the sick and homebound, usher and/or sacristan, please complete this Application for Liturgical Ministers, check the ministry(ies) applicable to you and return it to the parish office. After Father McDonald has approved your application, a copy will be forwarded to the ministry leader and you will be contacted for training.
For the ministry to the sick and homebound, ushers and sacristan: You will be contacted by Cherie Smith for additional forms. She will notify ministry leader to arrange for training once this additional part has been completed.
If you are interested in serving as an Altar Server, have completed third grade and received First Communion, please contact Deacon Gerard "Stick" Thibodeaux via email or at (803) 788-3252 ext. 330 for the next available training session and complete this Altar Information Form.
After the training/installation (EM only), the ministry leader will contact the parish office to add you to the ministry schedule as listed on your application.
Please see below for details on scheduling and ministry schedules. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the parish office at (803) 788 - 0811.
- Contact listing to arrange for substitutes is not available online – see latest email.
- Notify office of preference changes or if no longer able to serve.
- If you are scheduled every week but wish to limit the number of assignments, notify office to adjust preferences.
- Arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to start of Mass and check in with sacristan.
- Notify office of any dates (start & end) when not available to serve before Wednesday, August 15, for the next ministry schedule. Late submissions will not be considered.
Dress Code Reminder:
Those of us who have a special place in the leading of our parish worship, also have a special duty to see that our personal dress and conduct enhance, not hinder, our public parish worship of God. In other words, by exercising common courtesy and simple good taste, we can set a fine example for the entire congregation. God will be truly worshipped and His people made one united community.
The smooth flow of the Liturgy and the people’s ability to pray truly hinges on your service!
Sign-Up Sheets for Holy Day Masses in October - January:
The sign-up sheet for the Holy Day Masses in October - January can be found in Gillin Hall until August 13. Please let us know what your preferred Mass assignment is so we can accommodate as much as possible. We especially need Altar Servers to let us know! Please be aware:
- Assignments are not guaranteed if too many ministers sign up for the same Mass. You might be assigned to another Mass instead.
- If you are not available for any of the dates, you must let me know separately. Signing up for one Mass doesn’t exclude you for other dates/Masses.
- If there are not enough ministers signed up, the program will randomly select ministers from all Masses.
- If you are not able to serve as assigned it is vital for you to arrange for a substitute. We are counting on someone to be there.
- Submit any preferences or dates when not available BEFORE each deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
Click on applicable schedules listed below:
2 July - 2 September, 2018:
30 April - 1 July 2018: